I awoke this morning to a pleasant surprise. The much touted WordPress app for the iPhone arrived today. And it’s free. I love free stuff. Don’t you?
While I’m still waiting for it to sync with my iPod Touch, here’s a rundown of the features according to Jeff Chandler.
- Support for WP.com blogs and self-installed blogs version 2.5.1 and higher
- Embedded Safari for true previews of posts
- Full tag and category support
- Photo support for both camera pictures as well as library photos
- Support for multiple blogs
- Ability to password protect a post, save as a draft, or mark the post for later review
- Auto-recovery. This will recover posts which have been interrupted by phone calls
Sounds pretty spiffy, and I’ll definitely enjoy trying it out. I’m pretty sure that personal bloggers will have more use for this than anybody else. There aren’t any more excuses left for not being able to keep up with posting–even when you’re nowhere near a Wi-Fi connection.
Now if only I could type as fast on the virtual keyboard as I can on a traditional laptop or desktop keyboard.
If you have iTunes installed, you can pick the app up here. And yes, that link will open iTunes for you.
Do you have any plans for using the WordPress blogging app? What about another blogging app, like TypePad? Any thoughts on the usefulness of these blogging apps for the iPhone?[Via the WordPress for iPhone Blog]